Sobek: 2 Players - a new design from the minds behind Kingdomino and Jaipur!
Pre-order your copy today!
Popular demand before it was even announced!
If you check the forums of Sobek: 2 Players on BoardGameGeek, you'll see post after post asking for US availability. Well, we are excited to announce that we'll be distributing the English version of Sobek!
This is a re-imagining of the titular card game released back in 2010. The rules have been adapted and balanced to suit two player strategy, addressing initial player feedback.
Each turn, choose one of the available Goods tile from the board, then move the Ankh token according to the markings on the chosen tile. This determines and limits the tiles your opponent can choose on their turn!
The more tiles there are between the Ankh pawn and the tile you take, the more Corruption you'll gain for taking it. The least corrupt player will earn extra coins at the end of the game. But, of course, it's the wealthiest merchant who will win!
Initial reviewer reception!
- "I loved this game from the instant I played it. There's so much depth for how easy it is to play." - Game Boy Geek
- "This is a really clever, clean design that stands on its own." - The Dice Tower
- "I’ve enjoyed all my plays so far and I can see this staying on my shelves for many years to come." - Four Sided Review
- #1 2-player game of 2021 by Game Boy Geek
- #1 2-player game of 2021 by Tric Trac
- 2 players
- Ages 10+
- 20 min
- MSRP $30
- Designers: Bruno Cathala & Sébastien Pauchon
- Mechanics: Set collection, Hand management, Variable set up
- Release date: May 25, 2022
Corruption comes at a cost!
Sobek is a 2-player game by acclaimed designers Bruno Cathala (7 Wonders Duel, Kingdomino, Five Tribes) and Sébastien Pauchon (Jaipur, Jamaica) in which players must form the best sets of goods, while cleverly controlling your opponent's options. A cast of colorful characters and pirogues can assist you along the way. But remember to avoid the temptation of corruption, lest you forget that corruption always comes at a cost...
There are not comments yet. Be the first one to post one!