"The Mind is one of the very best games that I have played this year. In the last twelve months. In the last twenty-four. Brace yourself, plant your feet, tense your muscles and tug that timeline back as far as you want and I think The Mind is still one of the very best games I have played between now and whenever." - Shut Up & Sit Down
The Mind is a phenomena. If you haven't already heard of the little, German game buzzing through cons and friend-circles, here is what you need to know:
- Recently nominated for the Spiel des Jahres (Game of the Year).
- Has been living at the top of the BGG Hotness for months before US release.
- BGG's Eric Martin and Shut Up & Sit Down both penned long form odes on their love of The Mind. Many more have gushed on Twitter.
- The buzziest game of both The Gathering and Geekway to The West.
- Launching at Origins 2018 in booth #965
- Releasing in stores a few weeks later in July of 2018!
In The Mind, players are tasked with discarding cards in the right order, completely silently with some clever caveats. But how do you know what is in someone’s hands without speaking? How do you make the right decision when the game is on the line? While the rules are simple, surviving every level is anything but…
Love for The Mind: "The Mind invites you to participate in the performance of a magic trick. You become both audience and performer, playing a trick on your fellow players while amazing yourself in the process." - Eric Martin, BGG "It’s marvellous. It’s magical. It’s almost a mystery how you even did it." - Shut Up & Sit Down